My Ugly Garden

My Ugly Garden

Friday, July 23, 2010

Freecycle Friday

The heat around these parts has sapped any motivation to get outside.  I did get a bit of a boost a couple of minutes ago, when my oldest daughter came in with a handful of cherry tomatoes.  "Mom, you gotta try these!  They are so yummy!"  Sure enough, pretty darn good.  I would share a picture, but she ate them all.  :)

On to Freecycle Friday, for which I do have a photo.  A few months ago, a friendly freecycler provided me with some succulent plants for my rock garden.  She also gave me a Bird of Paradise plant.  It was a stump of a plant with a hint of new growth.  So, I loaded it into the car and found a place by the deck.  Low and behold, I did not kill it! New leaves have finally emerged and it seems happy in its semi-shady spot.

The smaller plants surrounding the larger Bird of Paradise are unknown to me.  They were growing in pots along side some cymbidium orchids that had belonged to my grandmother.  They produce delicate purple and white blooms.  This little section of the Ugly will be nice once the plants fill out, I think.

A busy weekend ahead for me.  A wedding to attend and a wedding to perform.  Come to think of it, I'm actually performing at both weddings.  But the one, I'm a guest as well, which is fun.  It is extra special to play when you know the bride and groom.  Happy weekend.

1 comment: