My Ugly Garden

My Ugly Garden

Saturday, March 12, 2011

I'm still here!

Wow, it’s been awhile.  I can’t believe the Holidays have come and gone and here we are getting ready for Spring.  I haven’t spent much time in the Ugly lately.  Our very wet winter has gave me a very bad excuse to stay indoors.  So, last weekend, in an attempt to beat the winter doldrums, we headed over to the Pacific Orchid Expo in San Francisco.  What a feast for the eyes!  


Above the crowd at the Pacific Orchid Expo






The butterfly wings were animated and Daniel was trying to figure out if they were real or not. 


More award winners

I hope you enjoyed the lovely photos my husband took of these beautiful flowers. 

In other news from the Ugly:  Over the holidays we decided that we would homeschool our children in the fall.  This decision does not come lightly and I have spent the last several months doing my due diligence in preparing for my new career as a grade school teacher.  As a result I am also considering expanding the focus of this blog to include this new aspect of our lives. Exciting changes are ahead and I hope you will join me for the ride!  Have a great weekend.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers, great photos! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the new "Ugly" blog.

    ReplyDelete