My Ugly Garden

My Ugly Garden

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Containers

When I found out that my sister may be coming for a visit, I thought I should try to dress up the back porch a bit.  This is difficult because we are in the process of putting in a patio. I use the term "process" very loosely. As this project started over a year ago and has resulted in an area that  is partially marked and dug out.  Basically a big pit of mud in the winter and weeds in the summer.  But I digress, I decided a couple of containers would spruce up the porch a bit and I am quite happy with the results.  Take a look ..


The large pot contains: Dwarf Lily of the Nile, Gazania, Calibrachoa, Marigold and Parsley.  The smaller pots have Marigold and Sweet Alyssum. I actually don't care for Sweet Alyssum.  I find the smell rather off-putting and ugly once they grow out, but they are inexpensive and relatively hardy.  I am happy with the finished pot, lots of bloom with little effort.  Instant gratification, that's what I love about containers.

Here are two of my Freecycle Finds for the week:


This is one of two fig tree saplings I was able to pick up.  I am super excited about them.  I had asked for a fig tree for my birthday, but no one seems to take seriously my requests for plants and trees.  Anyway, when two trees were offered this week, I was quick to snatch them up.  The only down side is that I may be 100 years old before I have any fruit  Here is the other.. 


Hope you enjoyed my containers, they were super fun to put together.  

5 comments:

  1. String two or three Fig Newton cookies and hang them like Christmas ornaments on your trees. See if anyone notices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so pretty...but I see them everyday, so of course I knew that even before this was posted.
    -Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine...Your plants look great! I was lucky to have a fig tree in my yard once...long, long time ago...loved it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pots Christine...they look beeeeautifullll! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your containers and the plants you got there. I would love to follow your blog but i dont see Follow me option :(

    ReplyDelete