My Ugly Garden

My Ugly Garden

Friday, June 4, 2010

Help me name my post!

Being a musician, 99% of my work schedule is nights and weekends.  So, our family has become very good at the day trip.  We are fortunate to live within driving distance to many beautiful places here in Northern California.  The coast being our favorite.  I thought it might be fun to include occasional posts about some of our outdoor adventures.  These outings always inspire me; the amazing plants, rock formations and animals not only help to foster an interest in the flora and fauna of our area, but also (and more importantly) give us precious time together as a family.  That said, I'm having trouble coming up with an appropriate title for these posts. With that, I'm calling on you for some ideas.  Just leave a comment with your amazing title suggestion-thanks!

Now for some pictures from the "yet to be named" travel thread:  Last Sunday we hopped in the car and headed to Point Reyes National Seashore.  We stopped in the small town of Point Reyes Station (population 350) for a lunch break and to grab a map of the artist open studio event that was taking place. With 3 antsy kids and a puppy in the car we were only able to stop by and visit one artist Tom Killion.  He does beautiful woodcut prints of the California landscape.  The kids were able to make their own print and he signed it for them.  Pretty fun.  Here is a picture of the beautiful view of Tomales Bay from his studio.


Our next stop was the beach.  We had originally planned to visit the North Beach but my usually excellent navigations skills failed me and we instead ended up at Kehoe Beach.  Which was fine, both beaches allowed dogs .  The thing I didn't expect was the 1/2 mile hike from the road out to the beach.  I knew there was a little walk, but it was definitely longer than I had expected.  Here we are on the trail.


We must be getting closer, we can see the ocean now!


And, we finally make it.  The view is totally worth the hike in.


I loved this rock out cropping. The wildflowers clinging to it were so lovely.



Sophia flying her kite with the beautiful bluffs in the distance


More kite flying, This time I'm at the helm.  Daniel and Eva are my co-pilots


Ever wonder where Clover milk comes from?  Well, these are the Clover Ladies.  Pretty nice beach front digs, eh?


Well, thanks for allowing me to share our trip to Point Reyes.  I can't wait to read your title suggestions.  Next post will have picture of some pots that I planted yesterday. My sister is coming to visit in a couple of weeks so I'm trying to slap some lipstick on The Ugly....




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking us along on your trip.. what a beautiful place.. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about " Little Jaunts Around the Bay" or "Summer Time Fun" , "A Fun Filled Day Trip" I kinda gear them towards the actual place, or thing I'm doing. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete